PARTNER WITH US THROUGH YOUR DONATION
Donate buttons are linked to our PayPal account and any amounts listed are in US dollars.
Please contact us if you would like to give through bank transfer/check if you are in the US, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Australia, or New Zealand or if you would like a tax deductible receipt.
We believe every child should have the opportunity to live in a safe, hygienic home. We have been working on upgrading our three Children’s Homes in Ba Vi District to ensure this opportunity for the children in our care. With a little more help, our upgrades will be complete!
Our Phu Chau home has water damage to the walls and floors, and only two toilets for 26 children. The “Schocker Club” Hanoi raised 170 million Dong for installation of a new electrical system, new sanitary facilities, and refurbishing of the walls, ceilings, and floors.
The German Embassy hosted a fundraiser bringing the total raised to 400 million Dong (US$17,937) but 80 million Dong, (US$3587) is still needed to complete the project.
Your donation in any amount will help provide better and safer living conditions for the children in the Phu Chau Home.
Raised already: $17,937 (400 million Dong)
Still Needed = $3587 (80 million Dong)
This Early Childhood Development (ECD) project is a 2-year project.
- Community Awareness – loudspeaker broadcasts, communication events, books purchased for library = $5,100
- Training for teachers, health clinic staff and community volunteers = $5,550
- Equipment for preschool classrooms and kitchens = $31,818
- Local staff salaries, office and transport costs = $16,364
- Project Evaluation Costs = $455
- Management = $2,290
Total Cost = $61,578
Covered by the Community = $22,606
Still Needed = $38,972
We took over our first community-based children’s home in Ba Vi District 18 years ago. We now have 3 homes and are committed to caring for 62 children through to adulthood.
At first an organization in Europe underwrote most of the expenses of caring for these children. But in 2012 their focus shifted and they withdrew their support, expecting us to close the homes. However, we still saw the need for these homes and remained committed to the children. We began a sponsorship program to gather the needed support. As we sought sponsors for all the children, they still needed to be housed, clothed and fed leading to a substantial budget shortfall.
- In 2014, 34 children were sponsored leaving a shortfall of $24,000
- In 2015, 44 children were sponsored leaving a shortfall of $16,380
- In 2016, 52 children were sponsored leaving a shortfall of $10,140
- As of 2017 all 62 children are sponsored.
Making up this shortfall is an urgent need as it has drained our reserves and gifts in any amount would be much appreciated.
We are running a community development project in the communities of the Van Con region of the Hoai Duc District. The project duration is 3 years.
- Community Awareness – Library, Communication Events, Loudspeaker Announcements = $9,818
- MicroCredit Fund Initial Set-up – Opportunity Teams in 5 different community = $23,810
- Local Costs – Meeting costs for training and management at the location = $6,300
- Project Staff – Local staff salaries, taxes and insurance for the 3 years working on the project = $21,300
- Transportation – Transportation for YWAM Mercy Vietnam staff to and from the communities = $8,400
- Training – Trainer fees and training materials for Opportunity Team training including microcredit management, agriculture training, and other trainings needed = $14,456
- Evaluation – Yearly project evaluation costs = $2,293
Total Costs = $86,377
Raised So Far = $55,331
Still Needed = $31,046
Would you come alongside us as we come alongside these communities?
By supporting the YWAM Mercy Vietnam team you enable us to create sustainable change in these communities. Your donations create opportunities for individuals and families that cause a ripple effect through the whole community.
A donation to the YWAM Mercy Vietnam team is an investment in a better future for the people and communities in Vietnam.
Your donation supports our local staff who are meeting with, and creating solutions with, community leaders. Our method involves an ongoing mentoring process that takes time and investment in relationships, but it is this effort that creates changes in perspective in those with the power to change the whole community.
Support the local staff team of YWAM Mercy Vietnam by donating.
YWAM Mercy Vietnam is registered with the Vietnamese government as a Swiss International NGO with Project Office Registration number No:46/BNG-VPDA.
We have partner organizations in the United States, Canada, Germany, and Switzerland which allows for tax deductible receipts to be granted. If you need a tax deductible receipt for your donation in one of these countries please contact us for information about how to donate to these projects.
Paypal is able to handle donations from all around the world. If you are unable to donate through Paypal for any reason please contact us and let us know where you are donating from and we will work with you to find the best way to process the donation.